Sunday, May 16, 2021

(Can't) Be Like You

 Can't break

Everything I am

Can't fake

Anything around

It's all real

No shame 

No hate

No facade

I'm not fucking around 

With anyone

That doesn't understand 

I'll throw it in your face


These days

It feels like

Everyone's playing a game

It's okay

We're all going insane 

Pretending the old ways

Still work the same as yesterday 


So I'm 

Never looking back 

Never giving up

Never thinking twice

About where I'm going 


Forget about the past 

Forget about the pain

Forget about never knowing 

What the future holds

It never mattered much


I don't wanna be like you

Stuck in misery

At a dead end since 23

I don't wanna be like you

Picking on everyone

Acting like my shit don't stink 

I don't wanna be like you 

Blaming the world

For all of my mistakes 

I'll never be like you

I refuse to be as pathetic 

I won't be like you


©2021 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wake Up

Wake up You overslept again I know this week has felt like a year Wake up Gain your sense again You've lost yourself In another panic  A...