Looking For Answers


(Verse1)
We build our lives
Upon lies
Thinking we’d learn to cope
But we’re only
Fooling ourselves
Falling behind
We’re just stuck in the past
Having an identity crisis
Wondering what the hell is next

(Chorus)
And it makes me feel so fake
To say I don’t give a damn
But how am I am supposed to cope
When this world just brings
So much pain, so much hate
It leaves me broken
Without a clue or a hint
I’m still looking for the answers

(Verse2)
I never know what’s gonna happen
And I’m always on the edge of my seat
Standing here with a million and one questions, breathless
But that’s what makes this life worth everything
Or that’s just what I am told
I just wanna know what am I waiting for?

(Verse3)
I’m told home is where the heart is
But I'm still trying to find it
And it makes me nervous
Not knowing anything
But I guess I’m still working things out
I just wish it was easier than this

(Bridge/End)
We live in a place where no one belongs
Just helpless, hopeless people
Wondering around with nowhere to go
So we build our lives upon lies
Hoping to find our answers
To the millions of questions
Hiding the fact that we’re all hopelessly lost


©2012 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Was Never Real

Goodbye Peace

Just Fine (My Angry Song)