Those Summer Days

(Verse1)
We used to talk for hours
Just sitting in the rain
It was always so perfect
But you always seemed to walk away
Right when it started to get good
And it always tore me apart

(Chorus)
You were the one
Who got away
It’s almost like
I never had a choice
It was always too late
I was always too late
But I’ll never forget
Those summer days

(Verse2)
We use to kick it
Till the sun came up
Livin like kids
Who never knew what was up
Who never gave a fuck
It was just you and me
Without a care in the world
And it never felt so right
And it always tore me apart
Each day that you would walk away


(Chorus)
You were the one
Who got away
It’s almost like
I never had a choice
It was always too late
I was always too late
But I’ll never forget
Those summer days
(ChorusPT2)
You made me feel so alive
Like I'd never die
Like we would be forever
I was so high on love
Thought we would never come down
Then you walked away
I'd do anything to go back
Back to those summer days

(end)
We use to stay up till the break of dawn
Talk about the most pointless stuff
But we always had fun
We never cared about anything
I wish I could go back
Re-live every word we ever said
You were the one who got away
But I’ll never forget, those summer days

©2012 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Was Never Real

Just Fine (My Angry Song)

Human Again