Lullaby


(A whisper)
It’s taken everything I’ve got
To hang on to this

(Intro)
I’ll sing this lullaby
Sing you to sleep
Singing goodnight
Goodnight my sweet
Maybe someday we’ll wake up
And this will all be a dream

(Verse1)
This ground is falling apart
The sky is burning down
The blood is rushing to my head
And I don’t know how much longer
I can survive this and stand to breathe

(Bridge)
And if I make it out alive this time
I’ll never look back
Cause I’ll always know
I’ve got you by my side
It’s a long shot that we have
But I’ll give up everything
Before I give up my life

(Chorus)
(And) I’ll sing this lullaby
Sing you to sleep
Maybe one day we’ll wake up
And this will all be a dream
But until then
We’ll fight for our lives
Fight to survive
Because this is who we are
Everything we know

(Verse2)
When it all comes crashing down,
When it all comes to an end,
Where will we stand?
Where will we be?
Take it back to the streets
When we first met
We had it all figured out
Everything under control
Nothing to fear but fear itself
But that’s all gone
So I’ll just sing for you

(Verse3)
I’m a mess I know
I’m a little bit crazy
But I just don’t care
Cause the whole world is falling apart
The sky is burning down
We only have one last stand
To change it all and make this last

(Ending)
It’s a risk we’ve all come to know
Living a dream that may never come true
But I can’t stay here anymore
I can’t take this anymore
So take my hand and runaway with me, my dear
And I’ll sing to you forever
Sing you to sleep
Sing you this lullaby…..Goodnight


 ©2011 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Was Never Real

Goodbye Peace

Just Fine (My Angry Song)