Those Days

I close my eyes
Remember the past
We use to be so alive
So convinced
That the moment
Would last forever
Stuck in a day dream
Never concerned
That life was happening

This is it, this is now
We've got a life to live
And it will never be the same
Since those days all left
We use to have it all
Now we all are gone
Use to be at the very top
But that's all done
Since those days all have gone

Every star has a memory
Of those nights we never cared
And every cloud
A glimpse of the future
We had it all planned out
And nothing could stand our way

I can close my eyes
Remember the past
Never forget
Who we use to be
So alive
So convinced
We could have it all
Stuck in a day dream
Never concerned
That life was happening
But those days are gone
Only a memory of
Who we use to be

Everyday I wander what could have been
What would have happened if
But those days are all gone
And today we go our separate ways
And today we take the world by storm
All on our own, but together at heart


©2011 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Was Never Real

Dreaming

Just Fine (My Angry Song)