Monday, June 20, 2011

Heroes And Failures

Can I skip to the
Happily ever after
Where I win the girl
And I'm her hero
Cause I don't wanna live this out
I don't wanna be stuck in the past
Just give me the chance
And I'll prove, myself, to be, the best

I've been up all night
writing again
Just a little story
Of a small town kid
Trying live up his dream
It's about heroes and failures
Fighting to get what they want
None of them backing down
But all of them in the crowd
No matter how much I try
I'll never be the hero at the end
Just a man, trying to do his best
Always there for you

I'm not gonna cry
And I don't wanna scream
I wanna win this
The old fashioned way
By getting straight to her heart
I wanna be her superman

But I'm not hero
And refuse to be a failure
I'm just a kid with a dream
With a certain girl in it
Who's not gonna give it up
Not for anything
I'll win this war


©2011 All Rights Reserved Ryne Neal.

No comments:

Post a Comment